Any registered organization may reserve one of 16 locations and sets of poles for banner display along Locust Walk between 36th & 37th Streets.
Reservations may be made via the online reservation portal. Poles and tables may be reserved for a maximum of one week after which the reservation must be made again for the next week.
Reserved poles may be picked up in the OSA, as early as 9:00am on the first day of a reservation (a group must have received an APPROVED reservation email from the OSA in order to have a confirmed reservation).
- At the time the poles are picked up, a credit card deposit of $40 for banner poles and/or $20 for a table must be made online via the Ticketleap platform. The payment link will be included in the reservation confirmation email. The deposit will be refunded in full to the person submitting the request for their student group when the borrowed equipment is promptly returned to the OSA at the end of the reservation period.
FAILURE TO RETURN EQUIPMENT BY THE END OF THE RESERVATION PERIOD (FRIDAY AFTERNOON AT 4:00 PM OF THE WEEK FOR WHICH THE RESERVATION WAS MADE), AND/OR FAILURE TO RETURN EQUIPMENT BECAUSE THEY WERE LOST OR STOLEN WILL RESULT IN FORFEITURE OF THE SECURITY DEPOSIT AND AN AUTOMATIC $150 FINE THAT WILL BE BILLED TO THE ORGANIZATION. Poles MUST to be returned even if the deposit is forfeited.
- Any poles found in sleeves that have not been reserved ahead of time, or for which there is no deposit on record, will be removed. The deposit will not be returned.
- If a group fails to return its poles ONCE in one year, it forfeits all rights to use the poles for four academic months from the day the poles were due.
- Poles and the spaces in which to place them are the only things obtainable through the OSA. Neither twine, string, rope, tape, scissors, ladders nor any other materials will be provided. Such items must be provided by the reserving groups.
- Facilities Services personnel have been authorized to remove any banners hung in unauthorized locations, i.e. any location unmarked on the schematic diagram mentioned previously in this document and/or the absence of the use of University provided poles.
- Failure to abide by any of the guidelines listed in this policy may result in the loss of a group’s permission to reserve poles and locations on Locust Walk for the balance of the academic year.
Return to Activities Manual Table of Contents