Locust Walk Banner Pole and Table Reservations
The Office of Student Affairs oversees the use of Locust Walk between 36th and 37th Streets, Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm. Only registered student-run organizations are able to reserve space for banner poles and tabling. Weekend or evening needs are supported by Perelman Quadrangle.
All reservations must be made through the reservation portal.
- All equipment should be picked up at 200 Houston Hall on the first day of a reservation.
- All equipment (banner poles & tables) must be returned by end of business on the last day of the reservation. Banner Poles being returned on Fridays, must be returned by 4:00p.
- Only students (undergraduate and graduate) may make reservations.
- Groups are expected to observe the campus sound guidelines which restrict the use of amplified sound during business hours (8:30a-5:30p). The exception to this is 12-1pm, though sound still must be kept to a reasonable level.
A few notes about the system:
- Student groups must be currently registered with the University in the PennClubs database in order to receive an approved request. If group is not active, please follow the link here to register group.
- With the exception of Friday, the portal will only allow reservations for the current week. On Fridays, the schedule for the following week becomes available for reservations.
- No reservation is official until you receive a confirmation note from the Office of Student Affairs indicating your request is approved.
- Groups are required to provide a $40 deposit when picking up Banner Poles and $20 deposit when picking up Tables. Deposits will not be returned should a group fail to return their equipment.
- Groups which fail to return poles and/or tables, fail to pick up reserved equipment, or violate the Sound Guidelines may be denied future reservations for Locust Walk. This will be up to the discretion of the OSA Staff and the group will be notified via email.